All students receive curriculum counseling and planning services via a Professional Development Plan and an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). The ILP details specific and personalized goals and objectives for each student, with regularly scheduled conferences to communicate progress to students and parents.
We strive for all students to reach high standards in core curricular areas. The KQA instructional staff creates an environment that embodies the culture of the school:
- Placements of students into an ILP focus which include Credit Recovery, Standard Diploma, GED, Accelerated Learning, and Course Recovery.
- Adoption of a business simulation culture that requires students, referred to as “associates,” to function in a replicated “work environment,” which includes professional behavior, dress code, level of accountability, and a token economy system.
- Innovative, non-traditional approach to instruction that places emphasis on Individualized, Interactive, and Experiential teaching methods with a goal of all students graduating from high school.
- Fully developed Quality Management System that is data driven and includes ongoing, semi-annual team-based Quality Assurance reviews of all areas of school operation (to ensure management effectiveness, efficiency and accountability). These quality reviews are the foundation for building processes that are replicable and meet school district and regulatory requirements.
- The KQA Leadership Team is directly involved in the oversight and continuous improvement of the program operations. Direct support for our program will include over sight from the Vice President of Education and Training, and the site–based Director for daily program operations.
|Knowledge Quest Academy – Performance|
|Number Served||Component||Goal||Expected Outcome|
|Enrollment to KQA can be from 40 – 400 students||Core Academic Area||95% of courses completed||Increase student curriculum contact time|
|Behavior||80% reduction in referrals||Monthly review of documentation and student feedback from their mentors|
|Attendance||75%||Increased attendance and as a result, increase curriculum completion|
|Specific ILP Goal||80% completion||Students will be able to understand and monitor their performance by attending monthly goal reviews|
|Transition||90% (If eligible)||Students will prepare with mentors and exhibit responsible behavior and academic standing|